Thursday 12 January 2012

A Tisket A Tasket and a Couple of Challenges

Yesterday was a cold day and I had no plans to go out so I declared it a sewing day!

I finished machine appliquéing my A Tisket A Tasket blocks over the holidays.  I would really like to show this quilt at The Common Thread Quilt Guild's Quilt Show this May so I left the blocks up on my design wall once they were appliquéd.  I took yesterday as the perfect opportunity to put the top together.  


Now all I have left is to add the border and then it's off to my mom's to get quilted.

Back in November I mentioned the Challenge at our Guild.  You can click here to read up on it again.
I have finally come up with a design and would like to share with you the fabrics I will be using.


The 4 fabrics on the top are the ones that were included in the kit and must be in the quilt top.  I am adding the bottom fabrics plus one more that I still need to find!  It needs to be just right.

I love a good challenge.  My friend M-R over at Quilt Matters has invited me to join her Colour My World - Colour Your World Challenge, which you can read about here and here.  
We will be experimenting with one colour every month. 
I have decided to make a 12" monochromatic star block every month.  I am hoping to make a quilt out of all the blocks so I have decided not to quilt them.
The colour for January is RED.  I cut out my fabrics last night and my block is up on my design wall.  I am still playing with a few pieces... this is harder than I thought!  I must say that I really like it so far though and can't wait to share my red star with you at the end of the month!

3 comments:

  1. love the different coloured cornerstones.... great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your tisket a tasket Gin now if only I had time to do mine.....maybe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I have seen this pattern several times before and loved it, but I have to say, your quilt stands out in a very good way with the colors you used - very eye-catching and fun. I am new to applique, but seeing things like this really inspires me to keep learning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!