Thursday 28 June 2012

Garden Path - TGIFF

I love this book.


I have been wanting to make another project out of this book for a while and thought that last weekend's retreat would be the perfect time.


So I packed up the book along with some fabric and steam-a-seam (I forgot the batting but my dear friend Pat had some extra!!).


I started Friday afternoon and finished the top around 10:30pm.  As you can see in the picture above, I forgot to reverse the pattern when I traced the pieces on the steam-a-seam... ooops!


I pin basted it and quilted it Sunday morning.


I put the binding on Sunday afternoon and

VOILĂ€!!


It is now hanging near my front hall and looks so perfect!!

I am linking up to TGIFF over at Sparrow In Flight.  Please head on over and check out her beautiful Brick Path Quilts, as well as everyone else's great finishes!

7 comments:

  1. I also have and love this book. I made the quilt on the cover a couple of years ago. Really should get it out and make another... Good Job...love the colours you picked....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this quilt! Awesome applique! I need to get more practice on this to make my stitches look more even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those colours are so warm and inviting and I like that you flipped the center design (even if it was unintentional. Great job, Ginette! Thanks for linking up to TGIFF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat pattern! Its one I think that could also be done in modern fabrics too! You did an excellent job making all your hour-glass blocks look so perfect! I think it looks great even with the turning of the piece. Very well done, it sounds like you had a successful retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't appliqued in years. Like, at least 10! So I am in awe of this - all those little curves, eep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that was quick! I'd have to think about that project longer that it took you to implement it! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!