Saturday 14 July 2012

A short update

Sorry I have been MIA!  We have been enjoying some well deserved family time this past week as my husband is on holidays!
Next week we are off to a friend's cottage so sewing time will be minimal.

Just thought I would let you know that I have been in my studio a few times in the past week:

Sneak Peak!
 This is a quilt top I finished sewing last night.  It still needs borders.  Will tell you more about it at a later date.

Started cutting for the Super Mario Bros QAL!
My daughter is super excited for the Super Mario Bros QAL!  (Click here to find out more about it!)  I am trying to finish cutting the squares so she can lay them out on the fusible interfacing. 

Baby Quilt!
Monday morning I was able to go to my mom's and quilt this little baby quilt!  I am so pleased with how it turned out!  It is a pattern by Elizabeth Hartman, for SewMamaSew, that you can find here.  Unfortunately it shrunk quite a bit when I quilted it and turns out to be too small for the baby it was meant for.  That means I have to make another!!  Awwww! ;)  (Can you read the notes of sarcasm!  What a great excuse to make another quilt!)
I will be hand stitching the binding on this one next week at the cottage!

So, as well as working on some embroidered labels for some friends, that's what I've been working on.
Hope you are enjoying your summer! 

2 comments:

  1. J'aime les couleurs de ta première quilt! Des beaux projets!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects, Ginette! Glad you are getting some great family time in. Too hot to quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!