Tuesday 30 October 2012

Octoberquest

It's not too late!  TGIFF has been going on for a year already and everyone is celebrating with Octoberquest.  You have until October 31st at 11:59 p.m. EST to enter a fully completed project.  You can check out all the rules here but let me tell you there are great prizes!

So here is my latest finish:

Yep, I finally got my lunch bag done!  I absolutely love it!!  I used Ayumi's tutorial.  With so many pictures, it was a great tutorial and the bag turned out great!
Some of you will notice that I changed the fabric for the body of the bag.  Let's just say there was a little bit of a conflict between a tired quilter and a rotary cutter and the original outer bag ended up too small. :(
You can see the original fabrics here.
I think I like the green one just as much so it's all good.  And I will make the other one into a basket for my sewing room... eventually!
To make the inside of the bag waterproof, I used Heat n Bond iron-on vinyl that I bought at my LQS.  It was easy to apply to the fabric.  It was the first time I used this product or any other type of vinyl fabric to sew with and let me tell you, it is slippery!  But with time and patience, everything went well and I am very pleased with this product!

I am having such a hard time getting to work in my studio lately and I really miss it, and blogging too!
I am hoping things will change in the next couple of weeks and I will get more time to sew, quilt and blog.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!