Friday 12 October 2012

TGIFF - A UFO 5 years in the making!

I started this quilt when my daughter was 2 years old and moved into her big girl bed.  She will be 7 years old next month!  
I had a few issues making this quilt... namely Steam-a-seam lite that wouldn't cooperate... That's why it has taken so long... (That's my excuse and I am sticking to it!)
Sorry about the fold marks!
We are both very happy it is finally done!
I love the quilted flowers and hearts!

My mom worked her magic, quilting it with her Gamill.  She used a pantograph pattern for this one.  


I don't know if you can tell, but the background is big 15 inch white squares (I think).  I sewed them together into four-patches and then did the machine appliqué.


I used a flannel for the back and a 50% bamboo/50% cotton batting.  I think that is why the fold marks are still there.


I will wash it soon to give it that nice crinkled look but we just couldn't wait to FINALLY get it on her bed!

Go check out M-R's Canadiana Quilt (it's a replica of the Hudson's Bay blanket!)!


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a long term finish - I think these ones are even sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Doesn't it feel great? It certainly looks fabulous! I agree with Jane -- the older the WIP, the sweeter the finish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Gin - by the way was that a pun "sticking to it"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank Goodness It's Finally Finished!!! I have a few projects like this and there are some that still aren't done. Hang in there, that's what I keep telling myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful - your little girl must be thrilled with it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!