Monday 11 February 2013

I am still here!

Sorry I have been MIA. I actually have been sewing, but also enjoying some time with my family.
It was so nice this past weekend that we decided to head out to Jacques Cartier park and enjoy some of the Winterlude festivities.
My big girl loves the Icehogs!
And we had so much fun going down the slides!
My big girl has been having fun re-organizing things in her room and she needed a table topper for her night table. So this is what I came up with:

I made it using the quilt as you go method and some of the left over strips from her sister's log cabin. I machine sewed the binding down. I don't usually like to do that but I have been so busy with my Handstitched Medallion quilt, and she was in a bit of a hurry for this one! It is the best job I have ever done with a machine sewn binding, I am giving myself a pat on the back for this one!

Speaking of my Handstitched class, here is my progress so far:

I am almost done the triangles, then it's on to some satin stitched jewels. I hope I can catch up, Wednesday is the next class. We are doing some English Paper Piecing in the next border!

 

1 comment:

  1. The Winterlude festivities look like fun. Love your hand stitching :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!