Thursday 23 May 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Throw Quilt

My 2nd entry for the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side, is called Sound Check.
Although I have entered this quilt in the Throw Quilt category, in our home it will be hung on the wall in my husband's office/music room.


I always wanted to make a plus quilt and when I got these fat quarters, I couldn't decide what to do with them.  After a few weeks of indecisiveness, I thought I would give them a try with this kind of pattern.  I took out my graph paper and began to draw.  I am so pleased with the result!


When my husband saw the quilt top completed, he decided it would be his.  The last quilt I made for him was a gift on our wedding day, over 11 years ago!  Since he liked this one so much, I decided he could have it.


As I said before, this quilt will hang on the wall in his office/music room.  It will help with the acoustics in there and that is how he came up with the name Sound Check.



I gave myself a challenge with this one and decided to quilt it myself on my mom's Gammill.  It is only the 5th quilt I quilt on the longarm.  I was a little more nervous than with the last quilt but I think it went fairly well.



So here are some quilt stats for you:

Sound Check
measurements: 60"x70"
Pattern designed by Ginette Vallières
Machine pieced by Ginette Vallières
Free-motion machine quilted by Ginette Vallières

AmysCreativeSide.com

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the World Wide Web.

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome Ginette! I've been wanting to make a plus quilt for a while. Maybe this year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice quilt, congrats on using the long arm. It is not easy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!