Sunday 9 March 2014

Spell it with Fabric - A

A few weeks back I shared the link for the Moda Spell it with Fabric blog hop. I had so much fun visiting all of the blogs and printing out the instructions for all the letters. I couldn't wait to make one. My mom was coming back from Florida on the 22 of February so I thought I would make her a mini with the letter A. Her name is Alice so I hand embroidered it on there to add a little something. I used an eggplant coloured fabric for the A and a tone on tone white for the background. I embroidered her name with two different grey pearl cotton threads and I used a grey fabric for the binding. I quilted it with a white thread, stitching diagonal lines 1 inch apart.

It's so cute, I love it! I can't wait to make myself a G, and I promised my girls they could make themselves each one too!

 

4 comments:

  1. That's lovely - the embroidery adds the perfect personal little touch. The letters will be perfect for child sized projects too. I've collected the full set and can't wait to do something with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What a thoughtful welcome home gift, Ginette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to buy this pattern and make these for all my friends with the embroidery like you did LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!