Friday 9 May 2014

TGIFF - Granny Squares

My Granny Squares quilt has been done for a few months now but I couldn't get photos that I was satisfied with so I haven't posted about it until now.



This quilt was so much fun to make.  I used a Jelly Roll of Kate Spain's Serenade.  I bought the grey background fabric at my LQS.  I think it is the perfect match for the Jelly Roll.


I used this tutorial over at Moda Bakeshop. It's by Jolene from Blue Elephant Stitches.  The blocks are so easy to make.


I wasn't sure how I wanted to put the quilt together.  I talked it over with my mom and I knew I wanted something different.  She suggested this setting where the rows are just a little off, and I just love it.


I used up some of the left over strips for the borders and bound it with the grey from the background.

I am linking up to TGIFF over at Quilt Matters this week but you can also see this quilt this weekend at the CommonThread Quilt Guild show in Ottawa.


4 comments:

  1. I like how the quilt is fairly calm but with pops of orange. I also like the slightly off setting. Your mom has good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out so pretty! Lovely quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the layout! And the quilting is just gorgeous. Beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, Ginette! I love the offset block layout. I was at the show yesterday and saw your challenge piece but I missed this one! Grrr! When are you going to the show?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! I love to know what you think, and if you have any questions please ask!